Rohtang Pass anchored at an distance 13,051 ft (3,978 m) is a high mountain pass on the eastern Pir Panjal Range of the Himalayas some 51 km from Manali. It connects the Kullu Valley with the Lahaul and Spiti Valleys of Himachal Pradesh, India. The Beas River rises near the zenith of Rohtang from a block of Mica-Schist. To its left, 200 metres higher, is the little lake of 'Sarkund' (Dashahr) visited by an ample number of people every year. The bath in the water of Sarkund Lake furnishes cure of all bodily ailments or imaginary.
Some linguists say that the name 'rohtang' is a Persian word acceptation accumulation of dead bodies. The road through the Kullu Valley, accomplished Manali and over the Rohtang Pass to Keylong, and Lahul and on to Ladakh, has become much active during the summer months as an alternating a aggressive avenue afterward the Kargil War in 1999 in accession to tensions in Kashmir. Traffic jams are common sight as military vehicles, trucks and good carriers try to cross the bound roads and rocky terrain, winding by, snow and ice at assertive credibility and the ample amount of tourists vehicles. There are numerous dhabas and eateries forth the way.
The tourist point at Rohtang Pass is lovingly called as Snow Point and is absolutely acclaimed as it offers absolutely a few options for the adventure seekers. Here you can adore skiing, trekking, Ice skating and added snow activities. The breadth is abounding of snow so if you are travelling with kids, be actual accurate as the breadth is slippery. You can as well accept fun authoritative snow houses, snow assurance in the air-conditioned weather. At this atom there are a brace of baby shacks which accomplish aperitive tea and pakoras.
The pass is open from May to November and closes down during the winter season due to heavy snow-fall and storms in this region.
- Special Features: This place is definitely worth a visit for its sheer beauty and natural abundance and as this doesn't have any other attractions.
- Connectivity: Easily accessed via winding roads from Manali
- Nuisance: Pass
- Dressing Restrictions: No restrictions, but wear warm clothes as on high altitude temperatures become very low.
- Enjoyed By: Nature Lovers, Adventure Lovers
- Entry Fees: No fee is required
- Best Time to Visit: May to June and October to November
- Visit Timings: Morning till Evening
- Facilities:Apart from the mesmerizing sceneries one can also enjoy numerous snow sports
- Things Not Allowed: Nothing as such,
- Suggestions: Before your visit to this wonderful pass make sure that the weather is suitable and other necessaries such as roads and other things are open.